Business Volunteers for the Arts (BVA) is a volunteer matching program that pairs business professionals with arts organizations to accomplish skills-based consulting projects. The program helps business volunteers channel their valuable time, energy and expertise into projects that help arts organizations improve their business practices and succeed in fulfilling their missions. These right brain/left brain partnerships spark creative problem-solving in business and the arts.
Examples of previous Business Volunteer for the Arts projects include:
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions and personnel policies
- Helping an organization achieve 501(c)(3) status
- Enhancing financial reporting processes and streamlining financial systems
- Establishing planned giving and fundraising programs
- Developing and implementing a new brand identity
- Developing a strategic public relations plan
What BVA does for the arts:
- Enhances the management capacity of arts organizations with limited resources
- Strengthens and streamlines arts organizations’ business practices, policies, and business skills
- Generates new resources and valuable tools to help arts organizations fulfill their missions
- Helps arts organizations develop and implement strategic plans for long-term sustainability and growth
- Fosters meaningful relationships with members of the business community
What BVA can do for business professionals:
- Strengthen your business, consulting and problem-solving skills by adapting them to creative environments
- Enhance your ability to turn limited resources into successful outcomes
- Enable you to become an integral part of the arts and cultural community
- Help match you with the right volunteer project for your interest, experience and availability
- Expand your personal and professional networks
- Elevate your company’s profile and reputation in the community
If you’d like to become a volunteer in BCA’s Business Volunteer for the Arts program, download the application or contact Susan Myers at email@example.com, BCA Associate Director.
If you are an arts organization interested in finding a Business Volunteer to assist your organization with a project, please contact Susan Myers at 503-228-2977 x2.