BCA Associates is a program for young professionals to participate in a 6-month introduction to Greater Portland’s arts and culture scene while making friends and meeting new people.
Applications are now closed. Click here to be alerted when applications are open again next year.
What it’s about:
- Attend arts and culture events
- Visit Portland’s known and hidden arts venues and backrooms
- Meet the people who make the art and go behind the scenes to see how art is produced
- Flex your muscles for civic engagement
What you get:
- Discounted tickets and special invitations
- Build a network of people from a variety of backgrounds
- Become an arts enthusiast, patron, philanthropist, activist and/or arts leader
- A Work for Art Arts Card getting you 2-for-1 tickets to over 70 arts institutions
Who it’s for:
- Young professionals employed in Greater Portland
- Ability to and interest in participating for 5-9 hours/month for activities and events
- 21 years of age and older
Cost: $85* which includes a $30 contribution to Work for Art
*Fee can be paid over time. Some partial program scholarships available.
- Give to Work for Art again and get a full year Art Card.
- Join the PACE Facebook group and attend their events.
- Subscribe to a season at a theatre or music group
- Become a volunteer at one of the groups you met
- Set aside funds for Willamette Week’s Give!Guide
- Become a Business Volunteer for the Arts through BCA.
- Take an arts class.
- Attend the BCA Behind the Scenes events.
- Recruit someone else to be a BCA Associate next year.
- Get your business to become a BCA member and get invited to our Behind the Scenes activities.
- Apply to take the BCA Art of Leadership course.
- Make a commitment to one art event every month!
Thank you to our generous program supporters: