BCA Associates is a program for young professionals to participate in a 6-month introduction to Greater Portland’s arts and culture scene while making friends and meeting new people.
What it’s about:
- Attend arts and culture events
- Visit Portland’s known and hidden arts venues and backrooms
- Meet the people who make the art and go behind the scenes to see how art is produced
- Flex your muscles for civic engagement
What you get:
- Discounted tickets and special invitations
- Build a network of people from a variety of backgrounds
- Become an arts enthusiast, patron, philanthropist, activist and/or arts leader
- A Work for Art Arts Card getting you 2-for-1 tickets to over 70 arts institutions
Who it’s for:
- Young professionals employed in Greater Portland
- Ability to and interest in participating for 5-9 hours/month for activities and events
- 21 years of age and older
How to be a candidate:
- Interested in applying for the 2014-2015 program? Apply Now for BCA Associates 2014-2015!
- Applications are due October 10. Notifications will be made in mid October.
Cost: $85* which includes a $30 contribution to Work for Art
*Fee can be paid over time. Some partial program scholarships available.
- Give to Work for Art again and get a full year Art Card.
- Join the PACE Facebook group and attend their events.
- Subscribe to a season at a theatre or music group
- Become a volunteer at one of the groups you met
- Set aside funds for Willamette Week’s Give!Guide
- Become a Business Volunteer for the Arts through BCA.
- Take an arts class.
- Attend the BCA Behind the Scenes events.
- Recruit someone else to be a BCA Associate next year.
- Get your business to become a BCA member and get invited to our Behind the Scenes activities.
- Apply to take the BCA Art of Leadership course.
- Make a commitment to one art event every month!
Thank you to our generous program supporters: